Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Chronicles of Narnia Report

USA Today has a new article on their site about the first film in Disney's Chronicles of Narnia series, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The film directed by Andrew Adamson (Shreks 1 and 2) will open December 9th, and Disney is banking on it being their Lord of the Rings. The only problem is the 300 pound gorilla (pun definitely intended) they'll be going up against, King Kong. I'm really excited to see this one, as I was a huge fan of the books when I was a kid. So far all the photos and production videos I've seen look great. This could turn out to be the first good non-Pixar thing Disney has done in quite a long time.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Greg Luther said...

yeah, definitely. i never thought a film trilogy would ever be as good as the original 3 star wars movies, but lotr comes damn close. they'll definitely be remembered as the defining film series of this decade.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Matt said...

I've never even seen Lion King or any of the Lord of the Rings. Shows you how behind I am with the movies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home