Friday, April 22, 2005

Superman costume


Superman costume
Originally uploaded by waggy182.
Ok, so Warner Brothers released the first official photo of Brandon Routh in the Superman costume to be used in Superman Returns today (click here for a larger version) and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. I've loved everything else I've seen from this film so far, but that costume just doesn't do it for me. The red is all wrong, the colors don't go together, and the insignia is too small. But the biggest problem is the intangible one. He just doesn't look "super" in it. I'm sure it'll look a lot better in the context of the movie, but for now this is the first major hit my faith in this adaptation has taken.

In other news, that other DC superhero film (Batman Begins) has been pushed up two days and will now be opening Wednesday, June 15th. That's another costume that can look good or bad depending on the shot, but aside from that the film looks incredible, so maybe this Superman thing will turn out the same way. I'll be back later this weekend with a quick review of the Amityville Horror.

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Matt said...

looks like this guy agrees with you
http://www.thesuperficial.com/archives/000857.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home