Thursday, April 07, 2005

Night Watch Trailer

The trailer for the Russian sci-fi/horror movie, Night Watch is now online here. I know very little about this film, but that trailer absolutely blew me away. The tone seems to be somewhere in between Underworld and The Matrix with a side of Donnie Darko. I also can't wait to see how they did the subtitles. That's right, the subtitles. Apparently they created a totally new method for subtitle presentation for this film that incorporoates them into the style of the picture, rather than just placing boring text at the bottom of the screen. I've never seen a Russian film before, but if Night Watch is even 1/10th as cool as that trailer makes it look, I suspect we'll be seeing a lot more in the future.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Alex said...

hmmmm... since the 'boring' placement is an industry standard i wonder if placing the subtitles elsewhere may confuse the presentation somewhat ?

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Greg Luther said...

i thought the same thing, but i've heard that it's done in a way that doesn't distract from the movie itself. i'll have to see it for myself to see what they mean by that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home