Monday, March 07, 2005

Tarantino to write and direct new Friday the 13th?

IGN Filmforce is reporting that my favorite director, Quentin Tarantino is in talks to write and direct the next movie in the Friday the 13th series which is being referred to as the "Ultimate Jason Vorhees Movie". Right now I'd take this with a huge grain of salt, as QT likes to throw his name in the hat for movies all the time that he really has no intention of making (most of you probably don't know this but he was rumored a few months ago to be directing the next James Bond movie). I personally hope this doesn't happen. I've never seen a Jason movie (not all the way through at least) and I don't particularly like the genre of slasher films, with the exception of Halloween and Scream. I think QT's talents would be much better put to use on either his WW2 epic, Inglorious Bastards or his as-yet-untitled Mandarin samurai film. But we'll see what happens. If this does turn out to be his next film, I guess it'll be the first time I'm first in line for a horror flick.

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Jp said...

Well, actually...QT has stated on numerous occasions that it would be a dream of his to make a horror movie. He specifically said "some sort of Italian Horror knock-off" but I'm sure he would love to do something with Mr. Vorhees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home